David Stadnick, MD, MBA, FACR
Michael R. Viau, MD
Spine Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Hand Surgery, Joint Replacement
Deana Fanello, RN, NP-C, CNOR, RNFA
Nurse Practitioner, Orthopedics and Spine
Craig Fortman, DO
Emily Exten, MD
Orthopedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Surgery, General Orthopedics
Thank you for choosing OhioHealth Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Physicians in Mansfield.
Here is important information to help you prepare for your visit.
- We ask that new patients arrive at least 20 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time so you can be properly registered at our practice.
- Established patients should arrive 10 minutes early for their scheduled appointment.
New Patient Form
If you are a new patient, please complete this Patient Intake Assessment and bring it with you to your first visit.
By law, minors (persons under age 18) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or provide written consent for treatment from a parent or guardian.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card(s)
- Co-payment, if needed
- Completed new patient paperwork
- Current list of all medications, including vitamins and supplements, or actual prescription bottles
- Medical records, including surgery notes (if applicable)
- Paper referrals from your primary care provider
- Results of medical tests, including X-rays, CT scans, MRI, bone density or nerve studies
Appointment Cancellation Policy
We make every effort to schedule an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. As a courtesy to others who may require our services, please call our office with 24 hours' advance notice if you need to cancel the appointment.
Prescription Refill Policy
First, please check with your pharmacy to see if you have additional refills remaining on your prescriptions. If you believe your prescription will run out before your next office visit, you may call our office at (419) 756.8899 and leave a message with your name, phone number, what provider you see, medication and dosage. Our office staff will call you back. If you are due for a follow-up appointment before a refill, we will schedule your next appointment. Prescriptions will not be refilled after office hours or on weekends.
After Hours Medical Care
If our office is closed and your medical need is urgent, please call us at (419) 756.8899 to speak to the after-hours answering service, and they will triage your call to our physician on call. If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go to the hospital emergency room.
Pre-operative Surgery Patient Instructions - Outpatient
- Please report to the main lobby at OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital. Outpatient Surgery is located on the first floor in the atrium. A receptionist will be there to assist you.
- Outpatients must have someone to drive them home. You cannot drive yourself home.
- No more than two visitors will be permitted with you in the Outpatient department at one time.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes gum or candy.
- Local anesthetic patients may have a light breakfast.
- Remove all jewelry, piercings and hair pins. You may be asked to remove dentures, partials, hearing aids, glasses and contacts.
- Always bring your list of medications with you to the hospital. The anesthesiologist will notify you of any medications that should be held or taken the morning of surgery.
See practice overview