Emily Exten, MD
Orthopedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Surgery, General Orthopedics
Thank you for choosing OhioHealth Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Physicians in Ontario. Here is important information to help you prepare for your visit.
- We ask that new patients arrive at least 20 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time so you can be properly registered at our practice.
- Established patients should arrive 10 minutes early for their scheduled appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card(s)
- Co-payment, if needed
- Completed new patient paperwork
- Current list of all medications, including vitamins and supplements, or actual prescription bottles
- Medical records, including surgery notes (if applicable)
- Paper referrals from your primary care provider
- Results of medical tests, including X-rays, CT scans, MRI, bone density or nerve studies
Appointment Cancellation Policy
We make every effort to schedule an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. As a courtesy to others who may require our services, please call our office with 24 hours' advance notice if you need to cancel the appointment.
Prescription Refill Policy
First, please check with your pharmacy to see if you have additional refills remaining on your prescriptions. If you believe your prescription will run out before your next office visit, you may call our office and leave a message with your name, phone number, what provider you see, medication and dosage. Our office staff will call you back. If you are due for a follow-up appointment before a refill, we will schedule your next appointment. Prescriptions will not be refilled after office hours or on weekends.
After-Hours Medical Care
If our office is closed and your medical need is urgent, please call us to speak to the after-hours answering service, and they will triage your call to our physician on call. If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go to the hospital emergency room.
See practice overview