Accepting New Patients
Dr. Fortman combines comprehensive and personalized wellness, preventive and illness primary care with a focus on evaluating, managing and treating the unique medical problems in athletes and physically active children and adults. When you choose Dr. Fortman as your physician, you will benefit from a single source to help keep you active, healthy and at the top of your game.
Family Medicine, OhioHealth Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH (2012 – 2015)
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, PA (2008 - 2012)
Primary Care Sports Medicine, OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH (2015 – 2016)
Dr. Fortman is board-certified in family medicine and has completed a comprehensive fellowship program in sports medicine. This unique and specialized dual focus training in both primary care and sports medicine means Dr. Fortman has the expertise to help you and your family achieve your active lifestyle goals.
Dr. Fortman specializes in care for all levels of athletes ranging from recreational or competitive school-age children age 6+, student or collegiate athletes and active adults to professional and elite-level athletes. He has extensive experience in treating the student athlete and he has served as the team physician for Worthington Christian High School in Worthington, Ohio and Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio He has also provided medical support for the athletes in the Columbus Marathon, the Dublin Marathon and the Arnold Classic.
His special interests include preventive care for families and active patients and care for athletes participating in team sports such as football, basketball and soccer. He offers osteopathic manipulative treatments such as soft tissue techniques, muscle energy and direct manipulation. These treatments help ease pain, promote healing and increase overall mobility.
Dr. Fortman is on the medical staff at OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital.
- Care for active children and adults, including recreational, competitive, collegiate or professional athletes
- Preventive care, wellness care and illness care, school and sports physicals, immunizations
- Injury prevention
- Sports injury care, fracture care, concussion care
- Customized recovery plans to help you return to your desired level of activity
- Diagnosis and treatment of pain from exercise, exertion or overuse of muscles or joints
- Exercise prescriptions
- Osteopathic manipulative therapy (soft tissue techniques, muscle energy, direct manipulation) to ease pain, promote healing and maximize mobility and performance
- Joint injections: ultrasound-guided injections for tendonitis or osteoarthritis
Learn more about our Practice